Electroless Nickel Plating PTFE
Electroless Nickel Co-Deposited with PTFE (Teflon) Low Friction Plating
AMS 2454 MIL-DTL-38999 Code T
Paramount Metal Finishing offers Electroless Nickel plating PTFE (generic Teflon™) that meets AMS 2454 and Code T of MIL-DTL-38999. EN-PTFE is a highly advanced, self-lubricating, composite electroless nickel coating that contains co-deposited PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) particles. EN-PTFE has gained wide acceptance by engineers in the military, automotive, medical and food equipment industries.
Electroless Nickel PTFE is often needed when components require more lubricity than conventional plating surfaces. EN PTFE provides a low friction, lubricating, hard and uniform coating with high corrosion and wear resistance where increasing the life span of components is vital to the product. It can also be used in applications where conventional lubricants would be harmful; hence it is highly recommended as an environmentally friendly alternative to many lubricants as it does not degrade due to oxidation or dehydration so it will still lubricate after long periods in a wide range of atmospheres.
- Excellent wear resistance
- Coefficient of friction .02 maximum
- Electroless deposit coating complex shapes uniformally.
- Self-lubrication-PTFE is codeposited throughout the coating in a matrix and not on the surface.
- High corrosion resistance
- Extended component life span
- RoHS Compliant
- Used in complex medical, electronic and military applications.
- Meets AMS 2454, Code T of MIL-DTL-38999
Paramount has applied Electroless Nickel PTFE to the following products:
- Automotive solenoid cores- to prevent wear and galling.
- Equipment and Automation- Slides & shuts and to increase lubricity prevent galling
- Military Components – Replacing dry film lubricants on rocket components.
- Food processing equipment components
- Printing and flexographic industries such as doctor blades, rollers, clevises.
Paramount Metal Finishing is an integrated coating applicator of Electroless Nickel PTFE and offers many other finishes to ASTM, AMS and Military Specifications. We have capabilities to Plate, Anodize, Hard Coat Anodize, Sanchem, Conversion Coat, Paint, Powder Coat and Dry Film Lube in one location.